At daily Mass yesterday, I suddenly realized that we are about halfway through Lent. I reflected on how my Lent was coming along. Was I following through with my resolutions? Was I fully preparing for Christ's passion and resurrection? Or, am I just promising to start tomorrow?
I can honestly say that on a few resolutions I am definitely following through. I've also been pretty good about working with the kids through their Lenten activities,
However, some of my more personal, spiritual resolutions are not going as well. These are the ones I struggle with every year. I want to pray more, attend daily Mass as much as my schedule will permit and read more scripture. As I get to the end of each day, I realize I did not set these as priority before I got tired.
As I sat in Mass thinking over both my successful resolutions and the ones I struggle to meet every day, I was gently reminded that it is not too late to get it right. We must make every day fruitful and not put it off till tomorrow. Today, I pray for my continued resolve to meet my spiritual Lenten goals and I will pray for yours as well. Even if you have not started any yet, it is not too late to begin.
Peace and Blessings to you on your journey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment