Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Full of the Spirit!


I, like Jen Gordon, completely enjoyed Congress this year. I've returned so enriched and full of the Spirit and want to share all of the awesome things I learned. I plan on posting some links to the amazing speakers I heard and would like to start with this one.

Barbara Coloroso has great advice on teaching ethics and values to children. Click on the handout "Just Because It's Not Wrong Doesn't Make It Right" it emphasizes some of the major points in her book by the same name.

She really emphasized that children are growing up in a "what's in it for me?" culture. We bribe and reward our children to motivate them. This hand out has real ways to teach your children the reason they need to "do good is because good is good to do". (cool catch phrase huh?)

I know I'm going to be re-evaluating how we do some things in our home.....


✞ Jen Payan ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment